Saturday, November 3, 2007

Bianca the Princess Crab.

So, tonight my friends had this big scavenger hunt just for fun, and it was!

My team came in half place. haha, well there were eight teams, and we came in fourth... so we came in half place!

it had this huge list of random things that we needed to get or things we needed to do, one of which was that we needed a live crab.So we went to Kool's Seafood (or whatever it's called) and asked them if we could possibly have a living crabby for free, and surprisingly they were like, "sure."
so me and my friend, Haley, went around to the back to the loading docks and asked the fishermen-worker-loader-employees if they could get us a living crab. they obliged obligingly.

We ran back to the car with a decent sized blue crab in a brown paper bag. I was quite surprised that it lasted for the next three hours or so in that bag. I felt bad for the poor little crab, so once the whole shenanigan was over (that's right, i said shenanigan), I made sure the first thing that our small team did was to let the crab free.

so we went to the beach at sailwinds park, and Rachel named her (we know it's a her because Billie Jo said it was, and she knows everything) Bianca, and I gave her the title, princess-crab (because that's what she was, ok?) and emancipated this small creature from certain death. at first she looked already dead, but with a helping push into the water she loosened right up.

we took pictures and everything.

it was, to say the least, hilarious, and that's why i'm sharing this story with you.

(haley, me, and kaitlyn setting bianca free)



the free crab!

2 comments:

kibbe said...

I think you should have t-shirts made....

Anonymous said...

I think you should tell me stories more often. I'll come over and ask for "horsey" rides and stories. (:

I like how you put things in such an emma style.

That's pretty sweet that they gave you a live crab for free. That surprises me. Nice people.

Sounds like fun. I love scavenger hunts like that. They're the best.