It's finally getting cold! it's very nice, except i can never find any sweatshirts, which isn't so winterishly pleasant, because it's usually colder in our house than it is outside ( when the heater isn't on, anyway).
It's finally thanksgiving week, which is when i finally approve of people singing christmas songs and putting up christmas decorations; any time before that, and it's just too early! i mean, come on, it's just ridiculous when you drive around town BEFORE halloween, and people have those obnoxious inflatable snowglobes in their yards, or christmas lights all over their house. frankly, i'm embarassed for their neighbors. but on thanksgiving night, some charlie brown christmas music is just right! or that song that i'm not sure what it's called, but it's a really fun christmas song that doesn't sound like your typical christmas song! ( i'm sure everyone know which song i'm talking about, right?) (annie knows the one. i don't even remember how it goes now...)
also, i do not disapprove of anybody celebrating my forthcoming (17th) birthday (december 7). i actually quite recommend it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amen!
Christmas starts after the last piece of pie is consumed Thanksgiving night :)
The first of many showings of 'White Christmas' as well as all our other Christmas movies! And the music... and of course, getting all the decorations out and the snowflakes on the windows.
I LOVE Christmas... I'll have to make this last one at home with the 'rents, count!!!
YESSS!! i too am looking forward to your birthday! w00t for emma & annie being 17!
I say this year we give the mothers of all birthday celebrants gifts too, since they labored so hard on that day so long ago to bring forth life!
(love, your mom)
I can just hear you saying 'weather-ness'
I guess because we just don't have any "catchy" Thanksgiving songs that Rachel had all stations on my radio tuned into the "Holly" station. Maybe we need Bing, Perry, Dean, and Elvis(and Sarah McGlaughlin) singing Jolly, Old Fat Turkey;I'm Dreaming of Black Friday;O' Pumpkin Pie,O' Pumpkin Pie. Maybe we could keep Thanksgiving just a little bit longer:-)
happy birthday to yooou, happy birthday to yooou, happy birthday dear ehm-maaaa, happy birthday to yooooou!!!
Post a Comment